Sunday, June 16, 2013

Loving London

Hello All.

Let me begin by saying: To all the men who have made a difference in my life, whether you are related by blood or action, family or friendship: I thank you for being a part of my life. Happy Father's Day. Fatherhood comes in all shapes and relationships, this is a day to thank and celebrate the male mentors in our lives.

Now, back to the exciting topic you come to this blog to hear about: Kelsey in London!

Another week has come and gone. It has been busy, fulfilling and routine- all in all- absolutely wonderful.

I thought you might like to see my living situation. The space is larger than the last one and in a vary hip and diverse neighborhood. I have a bedroom to myself and share a kitchen and bathroom and shower with a roommate. There are two rooms with bathroom sinks; one has a toilet, one has a shower.





This picture has a stove top, microwave/grill/oven, and fridge in it. Can you spot them all?
So that's where I live. Now a bit about how I spent my week. I work four days a week, I would work a fifth but Friday is claimed by a leadership and culture class. Yay! Anyway, I shall tell you more about work at a later date and focus on something a bit more enjoyable: the Queen's Birthday Parade.
The parade was Saturday 15 June, starting at 10am. However, because the Queen's birthday only comes around once a year (well, twice really but she's the Queen so it's fine), a group of us left our flat at 8:15am. I hadn't come home until 3am that morning.

 This was the night before. Meet Kendall. She is in my program but living in independent housing. We and some others went out for happy hour at a Tapas restaurant near my office on Friday after class and then we got back together to go out for the night...morning...something.
Those with whom I went to the parade: Macie, Lucy, Monica, Jamie, Me.

The mall, waiting for the parade to start. It was about 54F outside, a bit chilly, especially because I was wearing a dress and 3/4 cardigan. 

Purchased a flag benefiting Hope for Heroes.

The first of many bands marching.

And the guards to take up posts along the route.

Duchess Camilla, Duchess Catherine, Prince Harry

Cousins/Family

Family

Mounted band. The guy with the drums had to guide the horse with his feet.

HRH Queen Elizabeth and Prince Phillip


Princes Charles (far) and William (near)

It was a lovely and exciting thing to see. As soon as everyone passed us, we were ready to return home for a nap.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there from Orlando, Florida, and truly enjoying your travel photos. I've been a big fan of yours since I met you through Alex while you were both in 3rd to 8th grade together in Indianapolis.

    Keep living large!

    Peace,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete